Once you decide exactly what to bring to college and slowly pack it all up, the next great challenge is getting all of it to actually fit inside of your car. It may seem trivial, but a poorly-packed car can actually hinder your safety. To make sure you can bring everything you want with you—and you pack your car safely, here are some college car packing tips to get you started:
- Before you begin, determine realistically if you’ll need to rent some sort of cargo van or truck, and make reservations for it.
- Enlist the help of others, and if you must, split into two cars. Don’t cramp yourselves and make the ride unsafe.
- Fold down as many seats as you can before starting to pack
- If you’re planning to stay overnight at a hotel during your trip, pack your overnight essentials separately, and put them in the front of the car with you.
- Trying to keep the weight of the car balanced, slowly begin to pack the vehicle with the heaviest objects on the bottom.
Do you have any other tips? Let Rochester Hills Chrysler Jeep Dodge know what helps you pack your car.