Spring almost here, but it sure doesn’t feel like it. Winter weather makes it difficult in the mornings or any time of day for our vehicles. From having icy windows and windshield to hazardous road conditions, winter is no fun at all.
Well, we can’t really help with the road conditions, but we can definitely give you some icy car tips:
- The first thing you should do is brush off any snow and loose ice that you are able to, even on top of the vehicle. The snow on top of the vehicle may fall while you are driving, causing you vision difficulties.
- Give the ice on the windshield a little poke to see if you can break it up a little before scraping. Make sure you don’t use anything other than your scraper as you could damage your windshield.
- Be sure to start your car for a bit before you head out. This will get the heater and defrosters going – but make sure that the exhaust pipe and radiator grill are clear of snow and ice.
- Also, be sure to turn on the headlights; even that smallest bit of additional heat and energy will assist in warming the car and melting any ice on the headlights. Also, while you are cleaning off the car, be sure all snow is away from the headlights and taillights.
- Use de-icer windshield fluid to help with the ice. But, be sure not to use boiling water on your windows or windshield as it could crack the glass.
We here at Rochester Hills Chrysler Jeep know that winter can be a struggle in Michigan. We hope that these icy car tips will be helpful while we prepare for the nice Spring weather we hope to get very soon!