If you have kids or grandkids, you might be helping them make the final touches on their Halloween costumes. For kids, Halloween is one of the best times of the year. Who doesn’t love dressing up in a costume and having people give you buckets full of candy?
But, with all this fun, we can’t forget the safety. Here are a few Halloween safety tips to make sure your trick-or-treaters stay safe:
- Never dart out into the street. Only cross at corners and use crosswalks.
- Make eye contact with drivers before crossing the street.
- Add reflective tape or stickers to costumes to make them stand out more.
- Avoid masks that can obstruct vision—use face paint or makeup instead.
- Drive slowly in residential areas.
- Be on constant alert for pedestrians, especially at intersections.
- Eliminate distractions in your car—turn off the radio, put your phone away.
- Turn your headlights on earlier than usual so you can spot children from farther away.
At Rochester Hills Chrysler Jeep, we wish every a happy, safe, and spooky Halloween!