With over 10,800,000 accidents alone in the US in 2009, it is important to be prepared in case you are ever involved in one. In fact, the National Highway Traffic Administration has done a study providing research that every minute of the day there is an auto accident somewhere in the world. That is over 1,440 car accidents a day. Would you considered yourself prepared? Rochester Hills Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram wants to make sure you know what steps to take after an accident to make sure everyone is safe and that you are fully covered.
1) First make sure you and everyone involved in the accident is ok and does not need immediate attention. Then call 911 and tell them what happened and your location.
2) Exchange contact information with the other vehicle(s) involved in the accident. Do not forget to ask for names, addresses, vehicle license number, license plate and phone numbers.
3) Grab a piece of paper and pens to try and recreate the scene to help you better describe what happened while it is still fresh in your head. Often times it helps to take pictures of cars, damage and license plate number to help later with your insurance claim.
4) Once the officer arrives and has completed the report, remember to ask for a report number.
5) Lastly, contact your insurance company as soon as you can to inform them with what happened and if any damage occurred.
After a car wreck it is hard to keep your concentration on target with all of the emotions running through your head. It can be helpful to write these steps down and keep them in your car so you do not forget any of them. If damage should occur, Rochester Hills Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram has a full service and maintenance repair shop to help fix any damages on any make. Rochester Hills Chrysler Jeeps also works on popular models including Chevy, Ford, Honda, Toyota, Lexus and many more. Fill out a service request for specific inquires or call (888)672-7010 for additional information.