While Chrysler makes every effort to find any problems before vehicles are sent to market, occasionally issues are discovered during later testing. You’ve probably heard about the Chrysler recalls and, if you haven’t, here’s what you need to know.
There are five different recalls affecting different models of cars:
• 2011 and 2012 models of the Chrysler 300, Dodge Charger, and Dodge Challenger are being recalled for problems with wiring that can cause the air bag warning light to turn on.
• The 2007 and 2008 models of the Dodge Nitro and two-wheel drive Jeep Liberty are being recalled for issues with the drive shaft.
• The four-wheel-drive 2012 Jeep Patriot and Jeep Compass are under recall for problems with a hose inside the gas tank that can cause them to run out of gas.
• 6,100 2013 Ram 2500s and 3500s are being recalled for possible engine compartment fires. This was discovered at a test facility and no injuries or accidents have been reported.
• 6,500 2013 Ram 1500 pickup trucks are under recall for parking brake problems.
All needed repairs will be done free-of-charge at any Chrysler dealership. Contact the service department at Rochester Hills Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram to schedule your appointment.